Do you feel like holidays are made just to sabotage your progress?
Some of the biggest setbacks can stem from holiday celebrations or a social gathering. As humans, we need this social interaction. So how can you enjoy a holiday and lose weight? Here are some tips to help you this upcoming holiday weekend and celebrations to come!
If you’re interested in playing host or just enjoying the holiday with your family at home – here is a full holiday menu!
4 cups hibiscus tea, iced
2 cups sparkling water
1 lemon, juiced
Mix the ingredients together and serve in four glasses over ice.
8 oz grass-fed flank steak, seared and sliced thin (or other protein of choice)
2 cup mushrooms, chopped
½ small onion, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
8 Boston bibb lettuce leaves
2 tbs coconut aminos
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup sweet potatoes, cubed and roasted
2 tbs avocado oil
2 tbs cashew butter
1. In a skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil. Sear steak on each side for 4 minutes over medium heat, season with salt and pepper. Saute mushroom, onion and red pepper until soft.
2. Transfer to a bowl. Add sweet potatoes, cilantro and coconut aminos. Toss in seared flank steak.
3. In each lettuce wrap, add a scoop of filling. Drizzle each with cashew butter.
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cup gluten-free baking mix
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch sea salt
1 tbs avocado oil
1/3 cup honey
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs vanilla extract
3 tbs peanut butter (no sugar added)
1/3 cup water (if batter is dry)
2 tbs dried craisins (no sugar added)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix oats, baking mix, collagen powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, craisins and coconut flakes.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl whisk honey, banana, vanilla extract, blueberries, avocado oil, egg and peanut butter. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Stir until evenly distributed.
5. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. If the batter is dry, add some water.
6. Use a spoon and add a dollop of batter to the parchment paper. Gently flatten and repeat until all the batter is used.
7. Bake for 7-10 minutes, check the middle with a toothpick. Once they are done, take out of the oven and let them cool.