Hormone Balancing Smoothie
I love using food as medicine and I love sharing with other females on how to increase hormonal balance through the use of food and herbal remedies. This smoothie today can help women who are trying to increase their sex drive, balance hormones, reduce symptoms of PCOS and PMS.
My hormone balancing smoothie has been loved by many females (including myself!). The rich, chocolate taste with a creamy texture will keep you wanting more. I want to show you that it can be easy and fun to bring balance back to your body!
First, here is the inside scoop on why this brings about healing to your body in three simple tips:
1. Maca: a root that can help to balance estrogen, raise libido, increase energy, boost fertility and improve PCOS related symptoms (facial hair, regulate periods, improve sex drive)
2. Cacao: Cacao and once processed known as chocolate helps to reduce secretion of stress hormones. This means less stress = happier hormones.
3. Nut butter: Healthy fats. In order for your hormones to operate optimally you need to be eating plenty of healthy fats. Start the day off right with some good fats in this hormone balancing smoothie.
Cacao Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more liquid if needed)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I like Garden of Life - no affiliation)
- 1 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbs almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
1. Mix in a blender, add more liquid if needed. Blend until smooth and creamy.