Boy oh boy, this is by far one of my favorite side dishes. It took me a few times to finally get a vegan cheese sauce that I really liked. I grew up eating mac n cheese but once I gave up gluten and most dairy items, I was a bit stumped for a bit.
So.. I have gotten a little obsessed with using nutritional yeast over these past couple of months, and trust me I am not mad about it at all! You too can enjoy your favorite kid’s meal as an adult! Or even better, if you’ve got little ones at home. Be sure to try this one.
- (Serves 4-6)
- 2 cups of cashews soaked overnight
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 TBS paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 box chickpea pasta or 1 bag cauliflower rice.
1. Drain cashews, add to blender with coconut milk, nutritional yeast, paprika, salt and pepper to blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Add a bit of water if you need too.
3. Serve with sautéed cauli rice or chickpea pasta. Either are a great option, depending on your choice!